HTA Kickstart Programme
Health Technology Assessment (HTA) is increasingly important for market access of healthcare innovations. HTA is a multidisciplinary process that uses explicit methods to determine the value of a health technology at different points in its product lifecycle, with the purpose to inform decision-making to promote an equitable, efficient, and high-quality health system . HTA is an interdisciplinary field which has increasingly become important in making decisions related to interventions in healthcare and ensuring a sustainable health system. Globally, there are many published guidelines on how to perform an HTA; for Europe the HTA Core Model has been developed which covers nine domains . Through HTA, the use of medical innovations in clinical practice can be evaluated in order to advise and decide on reimbursement.
HTA Core Model Domains
- Health problem and current use of technology
- Description and technical characteristics
- Clinical effectiveness
- Costs and economic evaluation
- Ethical analysis
- Organizational aspects
- Patient and social aspects
- Legal aspects
Health-Ecore has extensive experience in HTA and offers a tailored HTA Kickstart programme that prepares innovators in healthcare for this process. This includes our broad catalogue of courses, as well as an intensive programme where a relevant early-HTA of one of the innovator’s products is completed, and all the HTA domains are assessed. This all contributes to making innovation as soon as possible accessible for patients.
After finishing this programme, the innovator:
- Can apply the HTA Core model and is aware of related opportunities, gaps, and risks of their product.
- Understands the main drivers of the outcomes and costs as well as broader economic impacts, related to their product.
- Knows how to incorporate cost-effectiveness analyses into future research.
- Has a validated, early-HTA framework tailored to their product.
- Access to our extensive catalogue of e-learning material, including assignments.
- A two-day in-person course to learn the basics of economic evaluations in healthcare and HTA, including hands-on tutorials.
- Intensive counselling in the development of a tailored early-HTA framework.
- A mentor that aids in the whole process to get up to speed on HTA.
The HTA Kickstart is meant for:
- Start-up or scale-up companies that are looking to bring a health-related innovation to the market.
Enrolment in open in January, April or September.
- Month 1
- Intensive in-person kick-off course (2 days in person) with all enrolled companies.
- E-learning (flexible) with weekly opportunity to discuss assignments and questions.
- Month 2
- On-site meeting to kickstart the tailored early-HTA framework.
- Bi-weekly meeting to discuss progress on early-HTA framework and provide input.
- Month 3
- An in-person discussion session with all enrolled companies to discuss results and ways to move forward.
- A company-specific meeting (in-person or online) to create a list of important clinical parameters to capture in future research.
Interested? Get in touch with us today!
The Health-Ecore team
 O’Rourke et al., ‘The New Definition of Health Technology Assessment’.
 Kristensen et al., ‘The HTA Core Model®—10 Years of Developing an International Framework to Share Multidimensional Value Assessment’.